Sound can play just as integral a part in education as sight
With Olympus voice recorders, students can record and listen to the unique sounds of different environments and share them with the class. Digital voice recorders even allow you to download recordings to a computer for increased sharing potential through email and other means. All Olympus voice recorders are slim and compact in size. They are ideal to be passed from desk to desk or taken home or on school field trips, allowing the sounds that are captured to play a part in the learning process.
- Recording lectures and other presentations
- Recording interviews or focus groups
- Recording podcasts
- Mobile note taking e.g. fieldwork
- Capturing music rehearsals
- Capturing live music concerts
view range here
For recording lectures, presentations and note taking:
Easy-to-handle voice recording tool
High quality dictation device, audio recorder and notetaker in one
- Low-cut filter – Efficiently eliminates lower frequency noise such as air conditioners, classroom projectors and outdoor wind for even clearer voice recordings.
- Voice filter – By cutting out low and high frequency ranges of a voice recording, Voice filter clarifies and enhances the sound of the words being spoken. This makes it easier to understand speakers (e.g. teachers or lecturers) during playback.
- Built in stand – A built in stand on the back of the audio recorder makes desktop use even easier. Whether placing the recorder on a school desk or university lectern, the stand helps reduce surface noise and keeps recordings perfectly clear.
- Calendar search – Saved audio files are automatically marked with the date and displayed in calendar format, making it quick and easy for students to search for files.
- Playback speed control – The playback speed can be adjusted between a range of x0.5 (slowest) and x2 (fastest). The ability to change the playback speed is particularly useful when students want to listen to the recordings in a very slow mode to understand it really well, such as with language study. Fast listening to recordings is particularly useful when students want to check lesson recordings and find particular sequences.
For capturing music and broadcast quality audio:
Hi Res audio recorder
Stylish pocket-sized audio recorder, with better than CD quality recording
- Broadcast quality audio – Capture true-to-life audio in 96 kHz/24-Bit Sound at 120 dBSPL with the 90° natural stereo microphones.
- Robust metal body with built in USB - Hard wearing design and connect to a PC or Mac without cables.
- Zoom microphone – The latest directional quality control technologies narrows the directionality of the microphone and increases the recording level, allowing you to zoom into the sound source you want to record. Ideal when you are recording from a distance (e.g. school music concerts, rehearsals, better audio for your video capture).
- Manual recording levels/gain – When recording music using the manual recording level, you can also use the Limiter function. Effective for preventing unwanted sound clipping. If the input level surpasses the maximum recording level, the Limiter function compresses the peak level.
- Tripod mount adaptor – Although compact, this powerful recorder offers the option of professional-level set up with the use of a sturdy tripod. Teachers or students can simply screw into the socket built into the audio recorder and then attach the tripod for a more professional recording set-up.